Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tip



Laundry by Room
Just like the 10 minute Monday blog, every Tuesdays, I plan to bring a household and organizational tip for all. Some of them would be newer ones that I myself might have just started to use and some probably would be from my mom's and grandma’s experiences that I learned from them over the years.
That is what life is about a wonderful blend of the new and the old.

Today's Tuesday tip is the dreaded laundry. When I do laundry I always try to do them by the rooms. I plan to do each room at one time and do not mix the clothes from all the laundry baskets in one load.

This is how I do it every week. I do one room a day. This maintains a structure in my home management everyday.
Mondays I do my kids room, so after I am done with them I just carry the whole load from the dryer straight to their room.
Tuesdays I do my DH's clothes and bring them to our room.
Wednesdays I just do my clothes.
Thursdays - no laundry day... yay!!   :o)
Fridays I do the whites
And on alternate weekends it's the beddings and towels.

 This way I don’t have to sort clothes by person to put them away. The whole load goes to the room it belongs. I also make sure I fold them right away as I bring them out of the dryer.
Share your Tuesday tips with your organizing and managing your life tips.

Happy Tuesday !

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes - no ALL the time - I feel like laundry is just never getting caught up. By assigning a day, that might just relieve that stress. Especially if I assign the laundry back to those who created it (as they are old enough). You've got me thinking! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen.
    I agree with you. My kids are 7 and 8 1/2 yrs old. They do help me putting away the laundry too.
    By assinging a day to each person/room, they know when it's their day and they are prepared for their washed load to be put away. :)

    ReplyDelete