Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Purge.. Purge.. Purge.. !!


The mantra to Managing is Purge.. Purge...Purge.

The purging process helps limit the excess and control the clutter.


Organizing is to put away all your stuff so as to make them easily accessible. So it’s important to only just have that much as much your space will allow. Every space can only hold a limited amount... everything else ends up lying around and adding to clutter.

Today was my day of cleaning out my garage. Our garage stored 3 car seats of my kids. 1 infant car seat, 2 convertible car seat, 2 large baby swings, 1 large stroller... the travel system kind.... I have no idea why did I even keep them for sooo long. My kids have been out of them so many years ago.


Well it’s probably the 'mommy thing' going on... just a little hard to accept the fact that my kids are no babies anymore.

So finally today I took on the task that I had been pushing off for too long. When my kids were at school, I pulled out my gloves and got onto the job.

 Other than the car seats there were a few boxes of paint which I just let them be for my DH, as he would check them and decide which ones he wants to keep and which ones to purge.

Here's a look at the big purge:


 




As soon as I was done with that I decided that I had to get rid of them right away, before they start eating up another empty spot in my garage... on temporary basis (which very soon turns into permanent spot.. : o) very often.)

So before I picked up the kids from school, I put all the car seats and stroller into my van and drove them to The Salvation Army . First I thought that I could go later... but then I didn’t want push the purging process onto later. Now all of it is done and the garage is a much better emptier garage.




I am on the roll...more purging to come soon....



Bye












No comments:

Post a Comment