Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Laundry Life

The laundry day is here. I  know I know its that part that we all have said a lot about all over Blogland, and well well its never going to end. The dirty loads will keep coming in every day and the clean will wait their turn to be put away. Lets try to make things a little more structured.

Over the years I have learned a few tips that I have been following. The most important one for me is that, if we use towels, use bedding, wear clothes everyday and they get dirty everyday, so washing them everyday is the best solution that fits my lifestyle.

'A load a day keeps the laundry stress away'... oh and yes ... 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away as well' .. :o)

Main Tips-
-Do a load everyday.
-The other important tip that I follow, is that I have assigned each day of the week for each kind of laundry. This helps putting them away much easier. One stop to put away one kind of laundry and not having to go all over house to put away mix of washed load. Like on bedding day, just one stop to linen closet, much easy.   
-The system that I go with is that I  load my washer as soon as I wake every morning. Then switch to dryer by noon.
-Kids and hubby fold and put away their own clothes. Kids care least for wrinkles so let them do it. 

 
 
 
Laundry schedule

Monday- Kids
Tuesday- Dad and Mom
Wednesday- Towels, cloth placemats, kitchen towels, table runners, napkins
Thursday- All family (mid week is a mix of kids, hubby and me)
Friday- Alternate fridays between Beddings and Bath/floor mats including small washable rugs, mopping pads. I hand wash the mops after each use and throw them in washers once a week.
Saturday- Whites only 
Sunday- NO LOAD

I am pretty flexible. If I don't have a full load I mix a little and skip a day of laundry.

I have put up the laundry schedule by the washer so as to be on check. It was a little hard at first to remember, but not anymore. I already know now what is the next days load and I try to put it together the night before so I just load and go the next morning.


As for in these hot summer days I try to switch my pattern a little so as to save energy during the hot days. I load my washer the night before and add them to the dryer the next morning before 8am.
This helps me save energy and also be done with half the laundry before the day starts and be done with a chore before 9am of that day.

Share me your tips and tricks on your laundry day. We all could use some more ways to make laundry day easy and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment