Thursday, January 26, 2012

Backpack solution..

   From the time my kids started school this year I have been looking for a solution for their backpacks. They had their backpack spots on a bookcase shelf, but I was not surprized when I rarely found them there. As my kids came back from school they would do their homework and then the backpacks would go back on the shelf. But as I expected I would soon find the backpacks on the floor. When asked about it I always got the same answer "Mom, I put it in the right place but it slipped off the shelf."


I tried a couple of things to keep them off the floor and out of the way.


This is what I finally came up with.







I used 2 Command Hooks to their bedroom door. I just made sure that the hooks are at the right height and easy for them to use. As these Command hooks are cleanly removable and reusable with a new sticker I can adjust the height as the grown.


So now every evening after they are done with their homework, the backpacks get hung up behind their bedroom door ready with everything they need for the next day at school.


One simple solution made it easy for them to manage their backpacks.





No comments:

Post a Comment