Monday, January 30, 2012

Library books organizing

Who likes paying fees on late or lost library books?  Not me.... and I am sure neither do you.
We are big on library books. When my kids are at the library we rarely come back with 3 or 4 books. I have ended up borrowing 20 books at a time. The library books that my kids borrowed from the library would easily get mixed with their own books in their book collections. So keeping a count of them when its time to return would stress me out.
Soon I had to look for an easier way to find library books at the time they are due for return.

 So I found out the best way for them.
Here are a few pictures.

My little girl's library bin...(shown below). She chose to decorate it with her Disney princess wall stickers, that we had for her on her wall. We got rid of them last month as we are deciding to redo kids room. (Pictures to come soon.) As she loved a couple of these stickers (.. of course.. hearts and stars .. )  I found the best way for her to hold onto those until she is ready to let go of them.









My son's library bin...(shown here). Personalized with dinosaurs, Pokémon, and SpongeBob...   :0)







These are just magazine holders I found at the Dollar Stop at Target for $2.50 each.

These library bins are placed on their headboards, so when it is time to read at bedtime it makes it easy for them to pick and read. This way my kids remember to finish reading the borrowed books and when it’s time to return I give them their own library tote bags for their books. 
I dropped in a few bookmarks in each bin for those books too.


This helps them becoming more responsible when they borrow stuff be it library books or a toy from a friend.
Anything that makes life easier adopt that system in your home and find stress free living.
I love to Organize and Manage.


....






No comments:

Post a Comment